Sunday, July 11, 2010

Day 1 WEENING process

Today I am starting to ween you and I have mixed emotions about it. It is just so crazy that I have been nursing you for over 11 months...I didn't think I would ever get to this point. Nursing has been a special experience. You have been dependent on my body for 20 months now and it is strange that soon you will no longer be THAT dependent on me. Of COURSE you still NEED me (thank goodness) but it is just different.

I have been reading up about weening, and different approaches...I decided on the approach of stopping one feeding at a time and introducing the cows milk for that feeding. So, you are already down to nursing only 3 times a day (before every sleep, so 2 naps and one bedtime). This morning before your first nap you had your first SIP of cows milk. You were not a big fan...but you gave it a few sips then you were over it so I layed you down for your nap. You were not too happy about that but eventually went to sleep. Before your second nap I nursed you and you nursed for so long! You were so happy and gave me a big smile when you were done...making this that much harder to give up.

We will see how this goes...I am trying to ween you a little early so that I can leave you at home with Daddy while I go to Denver for a Scentsy Convention.

No comments: