Friday, August 6, 2010

FIRST BIRTHDAY!

You are ONE YEAR OLD TODAY!!!! I cannot even believe that you are a year old...where did the time go? I have to say it has been the BEST year of my life! I am so blessed to have you as my son! Everyday is a new adventure in your life and I am so thankful to be a part of it.
So, Aunt Tricia talked me into this CRAZY idea of taking a picture of you at the EXACT time that you were born last year. Well, you were born at 2:58am so that ment that I had to set my alarm to wake up in the middle of the night! I snapped a picture on my phone of the baby monitor and posted it on Facebook, then I quietly snuck into your room, lined up the shot and clicked a quick picture...you FLINCHED and I RAN out of the room so you wouldn't wake up. It was fun and exciting...but then I couldn't fall asleep :(
Since we are having a family party for you on Saturday we didn't do too many things out of the ordinary today. Last night we went out for frozen yogurt and we got you your very own, but you were not very interested (oh well), what you were interested in was crawling around the store exploring.
Then this morning we decided to give you one of your presents...a gift from G'ma and G'pa Stewie...an All Around Chair! We busted out the video camera and brought it out and you LOVED it. Crawling all over it and LAUGHING! You were so proud of yourself too...it was too cute! Then, Daddy was off to work and we had a normal day playing, eating, napping, and Target for grocery's for your party. Daddy called around 4pm and said he could get off work early...so he did and we all went to dinner but you didn't eat a bite! I think your teeth must have been hurting or something. Then it was bath time and bedtime at 7pm as usual...so I thought, BUT you thought that since it was your birthday that you got to stay up late! by 8pm you were screaming so long we decided to let you play some more. It was actually kind of nice because we read books as a family!
All in all it was a GREAT first Birthday...but I am excited for your PARTY!

No comments: